Re: Translations of folder names - re-hiding special directories
- From: Andy Balaam <andybalaam artificialworlds net>
- To: Andy Balaam <andybalaam artificialworlds net>
- Cc: desktop-devel-list gnome org, Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>, Alan Cox <alan lxorguk ukuu org uk>
- Subject: Re: Translations of folder names - re-hiding special directories
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 06:58:12 +0000
Andy Balaam wrote:
However, I was extremely pleased with the change to Desktop being
Of course, I was probably pleased because I am a shell user.
So I feel like there are 2 viable options:
1. Invisible .desktop directory with translated name visible in nautilus
2. Visible Desktop directory whose real name is translated.
Number 1 seems much less fraught with implementation difficulties, but
number 2 works with the new fdo standard (Desktop is visible), and
avoids more "magic" nautilus locations.
] [Thread Prev