Re: Translations of folder names - re-hiding special directories

Andy Balaam wrote:

However, I was extremely pleased with the change to Desktop being visible,

Of course, I was probably pleased because I am a shell user.

So I feel like there are 2 viable options:

1. Invisible .desktop directory with translated name visible in nautilus etc.

2. Visible Desktop directory whose real name is translated.

Number 1 seems much less fraught with implementation difficulties, but number 2 works with the new fdo standard (Desktop is visible), and avoids more "magic" nautilus locations.

Andy