Re: About Panels - aka lynching time

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > It might be interesting to have desktop themes that configures things
like
> > a desktop with no start button and various things.
>
> Surely it would be better to 'do it right' and figure out the GNOME way of
> doing it, rather than throwing away our responsibility and dumping policy
> and behavioural choices on the user.

That is another good point.  GNOME needs it's own way, it's own identity in
the regard.  It may be a Launch button like a Windows Start button or a foot
menu on a menu panel, but it needs to be consistant.  Leaving it to the user
or sysadmins is not good.  They should be able to change it, thus the
exalted choice that people need, but GNOME needs a good default to identify
and promote.

Any other ideas?

Erick Woods
erick gnomepro com