Re: Conduit Nokia N810

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 9:00 PM, John Carr <john carr unrouted co uk> wrote:
> >  >  John, Thomas: Thoughts on how to disable dataproviders that don't make
>  >  >  sense on maemo? E.g. I don't think iPod makes much sense.
>  >
>  >  You can do this with the blacklist command line option.
>
>  I would prefer to just not ship stuff so the package is as small as
>  possible. The packaging installs conduit to debian/tmp/ before it
>  creates the archive, so for now i'm going to try just killing of the
>  ones that are in there that don't make sense.

OK cool, up to you. I just figured it would be easiest if you could
achieve all maemo mods by patching one file (/usr/bin/conduit). Nice
and clean.

Your approach is equally valid, and may be a useful excercise in
learning how to do this so that we can ship conduit as multiple
packages in future (i.e. conduit-plugins-google)

 Does anyone know if the
>  other maemo stuff ships docs? If not, i'm going to turn those of too.
>
>  The next problem is EvolutionModule only works for Contacts out of the
>  box. The others should really be hidden. Thoughts? Users can install
>  the Calendar part of EDS, so the solution needs to consider that the
>  next time i start Conduit on there Calendar might be available.

Cool. We also need to set the default web browser to "system". Not
sure the cleanest way to do that. Can you run gconftool --set
/apps/conduit/web_login_browser --type string system in postinst? or
conduit, or should this be patched in the code. Thoughts?