Re: Conduit Nokia N810

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 8:06 AM, John Carr <john carr unrouted co uk> wrote:
> >  http://unrouted.co.uk/2008/05/05/trying-conduit-on-n810-n800/
>  >
>  >  *NOTE* this is *NOT* ready for general use. If you are wanting this
>  >  for serious use right now then you will be leaving with a sad face.
>  >  Right now there seems to be an icon related problem hitting a lot of
>  >  dataproviders. Patches welcome, otherwise i'll try and find time to
>  >  have a look tomorrow evening.
>  >
>  >  John
>
>  I have updated the package to use (chuckles) the RSS feed icon if it
>  can't load an icon it needs. This means that you stand a fighting
>  chance of stuff working now, albeit with bad icons.
>
>  The only test I did was: Added an "Evolution Contacts" and "Network"
>  on the N810. On my laptop the N810 just appeared in the list of the
>  left. So I set it up to sync Remote Contacts to contacts on my laptop.
>  Lo, it worked :-D If someone can somehow screenshot/screencast this
>  that would be awesome...
>
>  I also added a few packages I was told I'd missed ( I have
>  python2.5-runtime on my N810 so overlooked them :-( ).
>
>  There is also a link to try out:
>
> http://files.conduit-project.org/conduit.install
>
>  John, Thomas: Thoughts on how to disable dataproviders that don't make
>  sense on maemo? E.g. I don't think iPod makes much sense.

You can do this with the blacklist command line option.

If I was you, instead of modifying the code (i,e, for making the ui
hildon) in conduit.real/Main.py/__init__.py I would instead modify the
/usr/bin/conduit script.

so instead of calling $(dirname $0) conduit.real $* it does

python2.5 $(dirname $0)/conduit.real --ui=hildon
--without-modules=iPodModule,FooModule,BarModule $*