Re: Conduit Nokia N810

My N810 should be here tonight or tomorrow - I'm a wise enough man to install it myself before asking my wife to.

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:06 PM, John Carr <john carr unrouted co uk> wrote:
>  http://unrouted.co.uk/2008/05/05/trying-conduit-on-n810-n800/
>
>  *NOTE* this is *NOT* ready for general use. If you are wanting this
>  for serious use right now then you will be leaving with a sad face.
>  Right now there seems to be an icon related problem hitting a lot of
>  dataproviders. Patches welcome, otherwise i'll try and find time to
>  have a look tomorrow evening.
>
>  John

I have updated the package to use (chuckles) the RSS feed icon if it
can't load an icon it needs. This means that you stand a fighting
chance of stuff working now, albeit with bad icons.

The only test I did was: Added an "Evolution Contacts" and "Network"
on the N810. On my laptop the N810 just appeared in the list of the
left. So I set it up to sync Remote Contacts to contacts on my laptop.
Lo, it worked :-D If someone can somehow screenshot/screencast this
that would be awesome...

I also added a few packages I was told I'd missed ( I have
python2.5-runtime on my N810 so overlooked them :-( ).

There is also a link to try out:
http://files.conduit-project.org/conduit.install

John, Thomas: Thoughts on how to disable dataproviders that don't make
sense on maemo? E.g. I don't think iPod makes much sense.

Enjoy