Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee not recognizing my Android Galaxy Nexus phone

Why haven't you disabled the Mass Storage addin? It shouldn't make much difference but it's a good idea when troubleshooting.

The tricky part here is that banshee listens for gnome's notification of the mount, then has to unmount the device, this approach sort of works... Although sometimes the device unmount causes banshee to remove the source immediately after finding it, possibly causing a crash in doing so... However, if that were the case we'd still see some chat in the debug log about what banshee is doing.

Does nautilus show an entry for your device without mounting via mtpfs? If it doesn't, then I'm not sure that banshee can.

If it does, try disabling automount, and apply the patch you can find here (which may need some tweaking to apply on 2.6.2): https://github.com/arfbtwn/banshee/commit/6b84cdd2a246f1d6403ecf5fda6f0a68eef92fad

In that configuration, banshee should detect the device when the volume is added and avoids the need for an unmount.