Re: [Banshee-List] Banshee not recognizing my Android Galaxy Nexus phone

On 03/04/14 20:17, hallansing wrote:
I don't think mtpfs is the problem, because I tried without mounting:
- connect phone to usb as MTP
- do not mount with mtpfs
- open banshee

same result, not showing up as device...
same problem by the way in rhythmbox

I'm going to compile gMTP today ( similar to GTKpod for ipod )
and see if it recognizes phone as device...

mtpfs is working ok, I mean it's not perfect but it mounts the phone and
allows to copy files to and from device in linux...
mtpfs crashes only if you copy files to directories used by android
otherwise it works well...

2 debug output files attached with and without mtpfs mount before starting
banshee...

banshee_debug_nomtpfs.txt
<http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/file/n4651608/banshee_debug_nomtpfs.txt>

banshee_debug_mtpfs.txt
<http://banshee-media-player.2283330.n4.nabble.com/file/n4651608/banshee_debug_mtpfs.txt>

let me know what you think...

What distro and version are you using? Can you mount your android as not
MTP (as MassStorage)? If yes, does it show up in banshee?