Re: IRC Meeting Action Items - 20100921

2010/9/25 Frederic Muller <fred beijinglug org>
On 09/25/2010 11:46 AM, Emily Chen wrote:

2010/9/24 Stormy Peters <stormy gnome org <mailto:stormy gnome org>>

   On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 11:38 AM, Pockey Lam <pockey beijinglug org
   <mailto:pockey beijinglug org>> wrote:

       I found this GNOME store http://www.zazzle.com/gnome
       actually we can buy all kinds of GNOME clothes, even for babies ;)
       they have gnome mugs too.
       For the price plus shipping maybe it's a bit high for Asians.
       how about we find a company similar to zazzle that can help us
       to do the Asian market?
       it would be nice to know how it works for gnome and zazzle?
       what's the co-operation like.
       then we can start to source in India and China ;)

   GNOME has a Zazzle account. We upload graphics, say what items they
   go with (tshirts, mugs, etc) and say how much you want to make on
   top of the regular price. We also did some design work for the home
   page.

   This is a Zazzle service available to anyone. The only exception we
   got from Zazzle was a 5 letter store name. (Minimum is 6.) There are
   other services (I only know of US centric ones) so hopefully there's
   something similar in Asia.

We are planning to run a GNOME store in China.  We thinking about Taobao
and work with 163.com <http://163.com>.

As I mentioned before, Born, who is the core member of BGUG, who is
running a online shop in Taobao. He can also manage the GNOME store in
Taobao, he need to sign a agreement with GNOME Foundation, some
percentage profit will donate to Foundation or for the Beijing GNOME
Users Group

The Beijing GNOME Users Group will have a meeting to discuss about the
plan of GNOME store.

-Emily

Isn't there a conflict of interest? Shouldn't we deal with a "neutral" 3rd party making any issue in our dealings a lot easier to settle?
Can you introduce a  a "neutral" 3rd party to us ? The "one selling T-shirt (free software) community"?

We are happy to work with other organization as long as it make things done.

-Emily

We already have "one selling T-shirt (free software) community" in Beijing, do you want to be the 2nd one?

Fred