Re: IRC Meeting Action Items - 20100921

 On 09/25/2010 01:26 AM, Bharath Acharya wrote:
On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 11:35 -0500, Brian Cameron wrote:
Emily:

2.
Everybody to look at : http://live.gnome.org/GnomeEventsBox and think of
starting an Asian event box to be produced and used in Asia. Ideas can
be collected on http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/EventKit
What I think is more important is to have the brochures, pamphlets,
banners, etc. available and translated to Asian languages.  This is
probably the first step before acquiring a laptop.

It may not be necessary for GNOME.Asia Event Box to include a laptop.
It is often possible for people running booths to use their own
computers to demonstrate GNOME, for example.
+1 Personally I don't see a real need for the laptop immediately.

I think the brochures, pamphlets, banners, etc. are actually the most
important thing in the Event Box.  But they are only useful in Asia if
they are translated.
Not really. Half the crowd wouldn't know the local languages because
there are so many. The only common language everyone would know in India
is English. I really don't know about other Asian countries :( So if it
applies to them, yes we should have them all translated.

I'd say getting the stuff translated should be done before worrying
about getting a laptop in the Event Box.

I am thinking about have a GNOME store in China, and we can produce
several event kit and send to other places where there is a GNOME group.
For example, we can send to Taipei, Indian, etc.
Right. I get that a lot from many people. People are willing to buy a
lot of GNOME stuff. They really like to sport it passionately. They just
don't know where to buy them from in India.

A store would always be very useful. Maybe start one on a small scale,
then seeing the success expand it over time.

Regards,
Bharath
I found this GNOME store http://www.zazzle.com/gnome
actually we can buy all kinds of GNOME clothes, even for babies ;)
they have gnome mugs too.
For the price plus shipping maybe it's a bit high for Asians.
how about we find a company similar to zazzle that can help us to do the Asian market? it would be nice to know how it works for gnome and zazzle? what's the co-operation like.
then we can start to source in India and China ;)

Cheers,
Pockey
Nice idea!

Brian