Re: IRC Meeting Action Items - 20100921

 On 09/25/2010 01:26 AM, Bharath Acharya wrote:
I think the brochures, pamphlets, banners, etc. are actually the most
important thing in the Event Box.  But they are only useful in Asia if
they are translated.
Not really. Half the crowd wouldn't know the local languages because
there are so many. The only common language everyone would know in India
is English. I really don't know about other Asian countries :( So if it
applies to them, yes we should have them all translated.
I think for materials like poster and banner with just a few words of simple English, it should be okay... But for brochures and others that have description, we definitely need to localise them for most Asian countries like China, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan, Korea....

I would say most Asian countries need localisation maybe except India, Singapore, the Philippines and Malaysia ;)

Cheers,