Re: [anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hi,

Le 14/04/2012 12:06, Johannes Schmid a écrit :
It only works for C/C++/CObj though and we might still need solutions
for other programming langauges. IMHO it should be enough for anjuta to
support Python and Vala and Javascript in addition, for vala we
basically have our own compiler we can access, for python and javascript
I am not sure.

I would like to be able to support more language than just C/C++/CObj/Python/Vala and Javascript and take advantage of these improvements to reorganize the language support part.

The current gedit-code-assistant plugin is like having the parsing code inside the corresponding language-support plugin. It is already working like this for python, but it means that symbol-db will be unused.

I think it could be better to move the parsing code in a separate plugin which is used by symbol-db. So you will get the language support plugin calling symbol-db calling a parser plugin. But it can be organize in another way.

Regarding the gedit case - I have mentioned a couple of times in the
past that I think extending gedit to an IDE is the wrong way for me
since it is (and should for most people) be a simple text editor. BTW,
for Anjuta supporting gedit plugins would mean that we would have to
drop scintilla and give plugins direct access to gtksourceview.

I prefer to keep support for scintilla:) Which mean that gedit plugin will have to communicate with the editor through an interface as it's done in Anjuta. I think it's possible, no?

Then, at the end we can see it more as reducing Anjuta to a text editor but anyway both programs have to change. For Anjuta, it means keeping only the minimum in libanjuta and probably using libpeas. For Gedit, it means using GDL and access object through interfaces. I still think it can be useful but it's a big work and we will have to make compromises.