Re: [anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hey,

2012/4/13 Sébastien Granjoux <seb sfo free fr>
Hi,

Le 12/04/2012 23:25, Nacho a écrit :

After all this time I am thinking more and more that gedit and anjuta should
be unified...

I think we can share some code but I'm not sure we can merge both applications. Anyway it could be useful and would probably fit in the trend of having one GNOME application by usage. But it's a big work needing several motivated and relatively available persons from both anjuta and gedit team to make it happen. I would be ready to participate to such project but not alone.

To be honest I think we should put effords in one program. I would think in anjuta
as a plugin for gedit to be honest. gedit already has all the infraestructure for everything
and I see a lot of duplication between anjuta and gedit's plugins.
Maybe right now in gedit we just miss some good autocompletion and a project plugin
and some interaction between all of them which can be done by using the message
bus. We should really think about this. I don't think it would be so difficult to port
all the anjuta's infraestructure and create the rocking text editor converted in ide
with some plugins.

What do you guys think?

Anyway at some point jesse has some thoughts to make some lib for clang
that could be used in both projects. Maybe check with him?

Ok, it explains why Johannes mention this in his task description. Yes, I think we should check with Jesse but it doesn't look obvious. Then I haven't worked on this part in Anjuta so I would like to have more feedback.

Ignacio Casal Quinteiro