Re: [anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hi all!

To be honest I don't know the exact feature set of clang but being a C/C
++/Cobj compiler it should be possible to do symbol parsing, etc. with
it. I am glad you guys found out some details.

It only works for C/C++/CObj though and we might still need solutions
for other programming langauges. IMHO it should be enough for anjuta to
support Python and Vala and Javascript in addition, for vala we
basically have our own compiler we can access, for python and javascript
I am not sure.

Regarding the gedit case - I have mentioned a couple of times in the
past that I think extending gedit to an IDE is the wrong way for me
since it is (and should for most people) be a simple text editor. BTW,
for Anjuta supporting gedit plugins would mean that we would have to
drop scintilla and give plugins direct access to gtksourceview. But in
the end I doubt it is easily possible to integrate glade into gedit as
it is already pretty complex in anjuta and might conflict with a lot of
other goals gedit might have.

I never understood why gedit developers never thought about contributing
to anjuta instead (apart from nacho - who did a couple of times).