Re: [anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hi,

On 04/13/2012 11:27 PM, Sébastien Granjoux wrote:

For the moment, I think that if Gedit uses GDL and improve its plugin
system it could replace Anjuta. Then being able to share plugins will be
great. I think it could make sense to still have 2 executables using the
same platform but having just a different set of default plugins.

my opinion is that an IDE is an IDE and a Text editor is a Text editor.
Who would fire up Eclipse, or Netbeans, or Visual Studio etc to write some notes? Or to edit a plain text file?

Integrating the two would result in a hyper complex plugin system (with dependencies) just to give the user the feeling to be on a IDE. I think that the maintenance would be impossibile and that even if someone would merge them then someone else would like to split them.

Regards,
Massimo