[anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hello Jesse,

We are interested to use clang in Anjuta to provide error reporting, perhaps improve auto completion and other things.

I have looked at your gedit plugin to see which parts can be shared. As far as I understand, your code is divided in 3 plugins at the moment:
- A common part named gcp interfacing with GEdit
- A backend for python.
- A backend for C using clang.

Anjuta doesn't use libpeas for plugins. Moreover plugins don't have a direct access to GtkSourceView object but have to use an interface. So we cannot use these plugins directly without some important changes in Anjuta and GEdit.

But I think it could be possible to write a GObject wrapper around clang library and share this library in both Anjuta and GEdit C backend plugin. Do you think it's useful? Do you have ideas to share more code?