Re: [anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hi,

Le 14/04/2012 00:01, Massimo Cora' a écrit :
my opinion is that an IDE is an IDE and a Text editor is a Text editor.
Who would fire up Eclipse, or Netbeans, or Visual Studio etc to write
some notes? Or to edit a plain text file?

I'm not sure that it's useful to completely merge a text editor and a IDE. But, I think it's possible and interesting to be able to write a plugin working in both Gedit and Anjuta.

Integrating the two would result in a hyper complex plugin system (with
dependencies) just to give the user the feeling to be on a IDE.

Indeed the plugin system of Anjuta supports dependencies but I don't think it makes it hyper complex.

I think that the maintenance would be impossibile and that even if
someone would merge them then someone else would like to split them.

Merging both programs have some advantages as noted by Ignacio even if it probably makes the maintenance more difficult but I would not say impossible. I think the architecture of Anjuta is quite modular and could be used more often.