Re: [anjuta-devel] Code assistance plugin

Hi,

Le 13/04/2012 22:40, Nacho a écrit :
To be honest I think we should put effords in one program. I would think
in anjuta as a plugin for gedit to be honest.

I'm agree it would be better to put effort only in one program but I see it rather the other way :)

gedit already has all the  infraestructure for everything

I think one main difference is that Anjuta is using GDL. I don't think Gedit can do the same.

Then Anjuta has a plugin architecture since the beginning, a bit like eclipse. There is one project using Anjuta for doing a GUI for iPod. It looks quite simple to do a text editor.

For me Anjuta is mostly GDL and a plugin library. In practice, libanjuta contains much more code but it should be better part of the plugins.

Maybe right now in gedit we just miss some good autocompletion and a
project plugin and some interaction between all of them which can be
done by using the message bus.

I don't really see something missing in Anjuta for using it as an editor, except a faster startup time.

Then Anjuta provides some infrastructure to allow plugins to communicate and I'm not sure we can do the same with the message bus.

We should really think about this. I don't think it would be so
difficult to port all the anjuta's infraestructure and create the
rocking text editor converted in ide with some plugins.
What do you guys think?

For the moment, I think that if Gedit uses GDL and improve its plugin system it could replace Anjuta. Then being able to share plugins will be great. I think it could make sense to still have 2 executables using the same platform but having just a different set of default plugins.