Re: [xml] Patch: installing Python into actual site-packages

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 09:52:58AM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 09:30, Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 06:50:50PM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
Attached are patches for libxml2's python/Makefile.am and libxslt's
python/Makefile.am.

  Actually the patch as-is, breaks RPM build, it also broke installation
processes using DESTDIR, I had to migrate the change to the configure
phase, drop the multiple python version support, but after a few hours
of hassles I finally commited something which seems to work in CVS.
  Touching anything related to the build/install process always ends up
as a serious PITA , and I'm just waiting for the "it doesn't work"
reports to show up in the next release, sigh ...

Daniel