Re: [xml] Patch: installing Python into actual site-packages

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 04:28:36PM -0400, Tres Seaver wrote:
On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 16:22, Daniel Veillard wrote:
  I made the test, it passes so I think the patch can be applied.

If I invoke configure using '--with-python', then the Python libraries
ought to be installed into *that* Python's site-packages, no?  At the

  yes, that makes sense. But when you try to get auto*, compilers and
various packaging methodologies on dozens of platforms and processors
to work correctly, common sense has been forgotten way before starting
to run any configuration code.

 Actually, your patches apply to the python/Makefile.in which are
generated files, could you send a revised version of those for the
source files, i.e. the Makefile.am ones ? I can probably try to do
it but I would not be garanteed it's what you expected (use
./autogen.sh to regenerate the whole Makefile.in/configure/etc.).
A patch for just the Makefile.am should be enough, .in generated
ones are not in CVS and recreated from scratch.

  TIA,

Daniel