Re: [xml] Windows threading issues

Daniel Veillard wrote:
XMLPUBFUN
int
XMLCALL
       xmlSchemaValidateDoc        (xmlSchemaValidCtxtPtr ctxt,
                                     xmlDocPtr instance);

So I take it you prefer them to be on their own lines and not together on one line with the return type?

   all on the same line will make alignment of arguments harder, no ?

Nono, only the macros and the return type go to the same line, like this:

XMLPUBFUN int XMLCALL
        xmlSchemaValidateDoc        (xmlSchemaValidCtxtPtr ctxt,
                                     xmlDocPtr instance);

The function name and the argument list remain untouched. This is similar to what is happening now. When a function name + return type are too long for argument alignment, the two appear on the separate lines, like in the following example from xpathInternals.h:

xmlXPathParserContextPtr
        xmlXPathNewParserContext    (const xmlChar *str,
                                     xmlXPathContextPtr ctxt);

After the modification, all functions will look like that, with those macros surrounding the return type. I think it's easier on eyes than spreading all of it across multiple lines.

Ciao,
Igor