[xml] Re: Release of libxml2-2.5.8

Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> writes:

  Hum, your XML catalog setup lacks the definition for
    "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN"

You are right, it was not present on my workstation.  We should not run
a test if the environment isn't properly set up, I'd say.

  Same problem. If KDE was using shared DocBook DTD instances using the
catalogs your setup would probably not in that sorry state.

I'd say, in this case KDE isn't to be blamed.  On SuSE Linux I changed
the XML catalog handling to avoid update problems; now all catalogs will
be listed in /etc/xml/suse-catalog.xml and I'll address this catalog
using a nextCatalog statement in /etc/xml/catalog; this indirection is
necessary because 'xmlcatalog' is pretty aggressive concerning
normalization of /etc/xml/catalog .

ENOTMYFAULT, I provide the tools and instructions, if people refuse to
follow them it's fine but I won't take the blame :-)

Yes, but you must not run a test, if the environement lacks a
prerequisit.

Anyway, things a looking much better now; I hope we can improve the
testsuite next time.

--
Linux frechet 2.4.20-4GB #1 Tue Apr 8 13:00:26 UTC 2003 i686  GNU/Linux
  5:58pm  up 71 days  9:35,  17 users,  load average: 0.65, 0.21, 0.30