[xml] Re: Release of libxml2-2.5.8

"William M. Brack" <wbrack mmm com hk> writes:

Thanks for the new release!

Version 2.5.8 includes some enhancement of the error printing
routine.  It is likely that the new version is more accurate (after
the enhancement there were many differences in the test suite, and
in every instance the new version was correct)

Interesting.  Starting with 2.5.8 I wanted to pay attention to the test
suite.  Yes, there are many a lot warnings (some are announced as to be
expected) and especially with python I encountered several "Memory leak"
messages.

Wondering why you don't do "exit 1" in case of an error?  Current
behavior is a little bit confusing.

--
Linux frechet 2.4.20-4GB #1 Tue Apr 8 13:00:26 UTC 2003 i686  GNU/Linux
  2:29pm  up 71 days  6:06,  17 users,  load average: 0.20, 1.02, 1.31