Re: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

On 2005-06-24, Carsten Haitzler <raster rasterman com> wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:54:54 +0200 Lubos Lunak <l lunak suse cz> babbled:
>
>>  I yet to have actually see somebody saying a single reason why this is really
>
> application developers want it

Because they mistakenly think they know better than the user or the wm maker
how UIs should work, not because they have any real reason for it. This kind
of thinking only eventually leads to the loss of such a blessing as a
separate window manager, and thus to absolute unusability.

> AND end application and wm users want it too.

Some may want fancy window-specific decorations and behaviour, but the fancy
window non-manager that this kind of people use can provide these. It's what
the WM is for!

--
Tuomo