Re: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:54:54 +0200 Lubos Lunak <l lunak suse cz> babbled:

>  I yet to have actually see somebody saying a single reason why this is really

application developers want it AND end application and wm users want it too. i
second bradley's comments. recently i found a bug with xmms on amd64 - it doesnt
handle 64bit properly which means its mwm hints are messed up and have memory
garbage in some of the fields. i have had to spend time debugging my code on;y
to find it was fine - the properties on the amd64 box were screwed. the issue
was brought to me by several users complaining - wondering why their xmms didnt
work properly. they considered the border beign there to be a bug - an issue -
something they didnt expect and didnt want.