Re: Still need a hint for undecorated windows

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:19:36 +0200 Lubos Lunak <l lunak suse cz> babbled:

>  Yeah, and I'd want $100M and days to have at least 28 hours. That said, it's
> questionable if either of this would be actually good for me. And this still
> doesn't answer the "why?". There must be a reason why them want it. So why?

the difference is - borderless windows is easy to provide - $100m is not :)

>  But that's only because they got used to it this way. I actually use xmms
> myself. I know the UI sucks, I hate its Gtk dialogs, especially the fileopen

and then the logic behind having a taskbar, start menu etc. must be entirely
flawed. we should not have panels at the bottom of the screen - users are used
to these. why do they get provided? to make users happy. they may want things
for irrational reasons - but they still want them. :)

> one, but I still use it, simply because I got so used to it. That doesn't
> suddenly change what xmms is. And getting used to xmms working that way
> doesn't change anything on the fact that there's no good reason why xmms
> should have its window WM controls.

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster rasterman com
裸好多                              raster deephackmode org
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)