Re: [Vala] Removal of Mono

* Jiří Zárevúcky wrote, On 29/06/09 16:00:

There is nothing ridiculous about (most of) this discussion. I agree
this mailing list is probably not the best for it, but then no mailing
list is.

IMO, there is nothing of value left to be said anyway, so I suppose
this thread is already dead. If someone has any more comments for
anything, post responses directly to the sender / interested parties
and not to the list, thanks.

I think Jiří is right; I merely post now to say that I had expected nothing at all to be posted for months in this thread, certainly not this quantity of on-topic and off-topic content.

I give my sincere apologies to placid readers  for the way in which my post seems to have polluted the mailing list and raised the ire of many normally calm participants.

I still cannot understands how it did so, or what must be the missing context stimulating these totally un-anticipated off-topic ill-mannered and disrespectful responses.

The rest of the posts were totally relevant to vala and promoting the use of vala, and I thank those vala users who posted them.

This is just another in the series of life-lessons I am trying earnestly not to learn; entitled "Don't try".

Sam