Re: [Vala] Removal of Mono

I'd rather like a possibility to automatically convert (or semi-convert, with manual fixes) C# code to Vala. There are some C#/Mono libraries out there (like Banshees ListView implementation) which provide a real benefit. Right now these libraries are only available to Mono applications. In some cases it would make sense to have a 'low level' implementation. It would be nice if they were available for the whole Gnome eco-system.

Just a thought.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:17 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem gmail com> wrote:
Jiří Zárevúcky wrote:
> Honestly, making yet another port of Tomboy is the stupidest idea I've
> read on this mailing list so far. There is already a lot of original
> and formidable projects that illustrate how capable Vala is. Try to be
> at least a bit original and not just copy another people's ideas. Talk
> about wasted effort...

Stupid and wasted, yes.  Absolutely.  But the only way to get a complete
comparison that might change the "gimmicky" view of Vala would be to do
a straight port of some Mono application.  At least if the developer is
trying to compare (however foolishly) the two development systems.