Re: [Vala] Generating API errors

On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 16:37 +0200, David Keijser wrote:
Vim is the best...  I do everything non-Vala in it.  Once you get used
to command mode, and make regular expressions a part of everyday life,
nothing else I've used comes close.  Of only Valide could embed Vim as
its editor.....

This reminds of the only IDE I could stand using for any longer period
of time, PIDA. it can use (and I even think it's the default) vim as
its editor. it had a quite nice plugin architecture, so creating a
vala plugin should not be to difficult, I think.

Don't want to turn this into a pointless editor war. But there is a vala
vim syntax file at the wiki [1] which works pretty fine for me (it's
probably a bit outdated though). If you're a vim die-hard you probably
also want to create an ftplugin and indent file to get equal comfort as
with C for example. I'm personally not very font of the omnicomplete
interface, so I didn't look any further in some sort of intellisense
(tm) for vala and am mostly fine with simple tag-complete. Nonetheless
if someone decides to want the work on this, consider me in.

There was some earlier work by Abderrahim Kitouni for ctags support [2],
although I'm not sure external parsing libraries would ever get accepted
by the ctags upstream team.

[1] http://live.gnome.org/Vala/Vim
[2] http://abderrahim.arablug.org/blog/archives/4-Vala-support-for-ctags.html

Regards,