Re: [Vala] Vala port of gtk-sharp-ribbon

* Frederik wrote, On 21/07/08 21:38:
Alberto Ruiz wrote:
Now, if someone could add proper waf/autoconf/whatever toolking that
would be great, otherwise I will do it during the week, but I can't
promise anything. In the meantime, Makefiles would be enough if latest
vala is installed right?

I'd prefer waf as a more progressive build system than GNU auto'hell',
since the Vala concept is all about making life easier, but on the
other hand GNU autotools are tried and proven and the standard for
GNOME.

Wafs isn't easier if your project is already using autoconf.
And maybe it's someone elses project... so the chance of switching build
system is smaller.

The value I see in vala is as a C metacompiler, it is totally
non-invasive to a project; it permits a project to gradually move fully
to vala and doesn't require any sweeping changes.

Sam