From: Frederik <scumm_fredo gmx net>
Subject: [Vala] Vala port of gtk-sharp-ribbon
To: vala-list gnome org
Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 1:59 PM
I have put my efforts of porting gtk-sharp-ribbon [1] to
Vala on Google
Code [2]. The original Mono project is developed by Laurent
Debacker and
can be found at [3].

Get the Vala port with

  svn co http://vala-ribbon.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
vala-ribbon

and follow the instructions in README to build and run the
project,
since you will have to manually modify two lines of
gtk+-2.0.vapi.

Note: this port is only a proof of concept. I did it to see
and learn
what can be done with widgets and Vala.

Frederik

[1] http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2007/Aug-30-1.html