Re: [Usability] SoundJuicer "Submit Track Names" is unusable.

That's *not* a reason not to have a submit option to freedb.   Sure
there are serious problems with the CDDB/freedb data format.  There
are also serious problems with the DOC document format.   I can give
you any number of links about those problems.  Should we also take DOC
file support out of OpenOffice?  No, because it would seriously impact
*usability*.

It would be a serious mistake to make every other criterion of
usability hostage to the single issue of data problems with freedb.
If those problems were serious enough to make every other CD ripper
stop using freedb, it might be understandable, but as it happens that
is not the case.

Rohan

On 5/8/07, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com> wrote:
On 5/8/07, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com> wrote:
> On 5/8/07, Rohan Oberoi <rohan oberoi cornell edu> wrote:
>
> > Yes I am, and you haven't given a good reason not to have one other
> > than "I hate freedb".
>
> http://www.jwz.org/doc/cddb.html

Oh, and that link doesn't even touch upon what happens if you have CDs
with obscure character sets in the title...is it utf-8, is it not, do
we know, do we care?

iain