Re: [Usability] SoundJuicer "Submit Track Names" is unusable.

On 5/8/07, Rohan Oberoi <rohan oberoi cornell edu> wrote:

Yes I am, and you haven't given a good reason not to have one other
than "I hate freedb".

http://www.jwz.org/doc/cddb.html
in a much more comical manner than I could explain.
Bare in mind, I have written a freedb client
and I know just how shit it is
from both a user and a developer point of view...

Fine.  But don't impose your opinion on every
user of the stock Ubuntu install,

(The developer of sound-juicer is on holiday, so please don't think I
speak for him)
The software is Ross Burtons...therefore he gets to impose his will on
his software
You dont.

I don't understand this ideological opposition to freedb.

Read the above link.

 The query
function in SJ apparently uses freedb anyway, when it can't find the
CD in MB.

No it doesn't.
The only reference to FreeDB in the source is this comment

(From sj-metadata-musicbrainz.c)
/* Data imported from FreeDB is horrendeous for compilations,
* Try to split the 'Various' artist */

iain