Re: [Usability] SoundJuicer "Submit Track Names" is unusable.

Hi Iain,

I understand your concerns about the quality of freedb data, but this
is also about usability, right?  Typing in track names that someone
else somewhere has already typed in, just because the developer didn't
want to allow them to submit their data to a central repository with
one click rather than a cumbersome process, is also a pile of steaming
horseshit.

Some people may be willing to go through the pain of registering with
musicbrainz.  Bully for them.  Most people will not.  That means lost
data.  They typed in the track titles, and it was lost, because the
developers were too arrogant to allow them the choice of having a
button that submits what they just typed in to freedb.  Leave the
choice for the user.  If they share your opinion about freedb they
won't click the button.

If Musicbrainz had a programmatic way of accepting data this wouldn't
be an issue, but apparently they don't yet.  Usability shouldn't have
to wait for them to catch up.

Thanks
Rohan

On 5/8/07, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com> wrote:
On 5/8/07, Rohan Oberoi <rohan oberoi cornell edu> wrote:
> Hi Iain,
>
> I'd say that as long as there is no programmatic way to submit to
> musicbrainz, the "Submit" option should just submit to freedb.

Freedb is a pile of steaming horseshit
that is all
iain