Re: [Usability] SoundJuicer "Submit Track Names" is unusable.

Hi Iain,

I'd say that as long as there is no programmatic way to submit to
musicbrainz, the "Submit" option should just submit to freedb.

The Help section could direct people to musicbrainz with a web link.

After all, unless I've missed something it isn't as though there is
anything contextual about the web redirection.  It doesn't open a
musicbrainz page for the current CD.  It just sends you to the
musicbrainz home page.  That's tedious and misleading besides not
being very useful.  Most users who are registered on musicbrainz might
be expected to already know how to direct a browser to go there.

Thanks
Rohan

On 5/7/07, Iain * <iaingnome gmail com> wrote:
On 5/6/07, rohanoberoi <rohan oberoi cornell edu> wrote:
> Can someone
> explain why it is so bad?

Thats how musicbrainz does it.

>  Or at least allow the user a preference box that says "Do not send
> me to any &*#$% web pages when I click Submit".

Do you want this to be a global preference that acts on all
applications, or Soundjuicer specific? Are there applications that you
do want to be sent to &*#$% web pages when you click submit?

iain