Re: [Usability] Reasoning behind default panel setup?

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 08:50:03PM +0100, David Tenser wrote:

> This is what I'm proposing, basically: http://djst.org/files/gnomepanel/
>
> I provided screenshots for two different resolutions, 800x600 and
> 1024x768. For safety, I also provided screenshots with the workspace
> switcher included.
>
> The panel is 32px high, which, among other things already mentioned,
> makes it possible to use a 2x2 workspace switcher, reducing the width
> of it by a factor of 4.

The window list labels look a bit lost. Having 2 sizes of icons ...
one could argue it provides distinction ... but I think it's not
helpful and doesn't look nice.

The show desktop icon to the right might be the right thing. If only
we knew if 'home users' use it that often. I do not at all. I guess
to not use workspaces increases the usefulness of this function ;)

---
Thorsten Wilms