Re: [Usability] Reasoning behind default panel setup?

On 1/11/06, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ freenet de> wrote:
> The switcher gives visibility to this great feature that should not be
> missed by anyone. Well, if one doesn't do much beyond browsing the web,
> it's not that important. But for true multitasking and production it's
> a great helper.

Exactly. True multitasking and production are not what a typical home
user will do. Instead hey might get confused about where their windows
went if they accidentally click on it. I remember my parents having
trouble with the concept of windows when they started computing,
adding virtual desktops would not have helped...

And I think the default setup should probably concentrate on home
users since workplace setups usually have custom configuration adapted
to the needs and policies of the businness anyway.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi