Re: [Usability] Reasoning behind default panel setup?

--- Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> > The menu direction is a good point, but windows
> minimizing
> > to a top panel is no problem at all. I don't see
> what would be
> > weird about it. There's no metaphor / real life
> parallel that
> > could be harmed.
>
> contrived real world metaphor:
> putting documents in your desk drawer.
>
> Drawers are usually below the desk but if you want
> another slightly more
> contrived metaphor we could be think of it as
> putting the documents away
> on a shelf.

I just think of minimizing or reducing things as going
down.
But I have a shelf of files above my monitor :)

I'll try minimizing up for a bit and see if I can get
used to it...

Yahoo! Photos ? NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com