Re: [Usability] Reasoning behind default panel setup?

[I really enjoyed your description of the discussion culture on this
list, Alan.]

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 02:22:36AM +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:

> As for me to be honest I tend to use a single panel at the bottom of the
> screen, with a menu on the bottom left corner.  (I change things around a
> lot and have used the default Ubuntu setup for quite a while but after I
> tend to revert back to a single panel after a while.)  I've been using
> that setup or something a lot like it for a long time and it works for me.

Just to give a bit of perspective: I'm using only a top panel, since
this feels more "natural" to me. I think panel placement is one of the
cases of a "preference" (as opposed to an unnecessary and possibly
intrusive "setting"). This shouldn't prevent us from using a sane
default, though.

 - Sebastian