Re: [Usability] Reasoning behind default panel setup?

On 1/11/06, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ freenet de> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 07:00:29PM +0100, David Tenser wrote:
> >
> > Let's stop for a second and try to go back to the main subject here.
> > What if I hadn't mentioned that darn workspace switcher, how would you
> > feel about the idea of merging two panels into one?
>
> I already mentioned I'm using only 1 panel. Guess how I feel about it.
> I'm on 1280x1024, though.

Ok, I wasn't sure. But then we're on the right track. :) The truth is,
I'm using two panels myself currently, but I change very often. This
discussion, to me, is about what should be a sane default for most
people, not my personal preference. I want to make that perfectly
clear.