Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME (Summit mockups)

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Owen Williams wrote:

> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 13:15:06 -0500
> From: Owen Williams <ywwg usa net>
> To: usability gnome org
> Subject: Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and
>     GNOME (Summit mockups)
>
> Why is there a difference between "export" and "save as"?  I can think
> of implementation-specific reasons for the separation, but no
> user-centric reasons.

Start with mydocument1.blah

Save as  mydocument2.blah
now you are working on mydocument2.blah

Export as mydocument2.blah
you are still working on mydocument1.blah

Gnome uses Export and "Save a copy" synonymously.

Hope that answers your question.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan

Inkscape http://inkscape.org