Re: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME (Summit mockups)

Why is there a difference between "export" and "save as"?  I can think
of implementation-specific reasons for the separation, but no
user-centric reasons.

Right now there is:

* create word document:  save-as
* create postscript: export
* create pdf: print

I think that changing it to

* create word document: save-as
* create postscript, pdf: export

seems like only going half-way toward fixing the fundamental problem
that if I want to create a different type of document I have to remember
which documents require one action and which documents require a
different action.

owen