[Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME
- From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds osdl org>
- To: Till Kamppeter <till kamppeter gmx net>
- Cc: usability gnome org, jody gnome org, mclasen redhat com, desktop_architects lists osdl org
- Subject: [Usability] Re: [Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME
- Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 17:46:21 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Till Kamppeter wrote:
> Frederic told that the options from the PPD file are intentionally mot
> listed in the printing dialog, the usability team of GNOME was against
> listing these options. They clutter the dialog and can be more confusing
> than useful to the user.
I personally just encourage people to switch to KDE.
This "users are idiots, and are confused by functionality" mentality of
Gnome is a disease. If you think your users are idiots, only idiots will
use it. I don't use Gnome, because in striving to be simple, it has long
since reached the point where it simply doesn't do what I need it to do.
Please, just tell people to use KDE.
] [Thread Prev