Re: [Usability]Re: Feedback on GNOME 2

tis 2002-10-08 klockan 13.58 skrev Ali Akcaagac:
> On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 13:49, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> > Please, please, go use KDE or something else if you don't like the way
> > GNOME is turning, just stop pestering us with all these mails of endless
> > piles of junk.
>
> yes this sentence is a valid one. many many people already listened to
> such an advise and already switched to KDE. i am still here. still
> trying to explain you and the others why these people have switched. i
> am still hitting on a wall with my explaination. please note that i have
> not started this thread. if you don't want to listen to my "shit" then
> at least listen to the other users here. maybe you want to tell them to
> switch to KDE too. maybe we would do good and switch. better earlier
> than later. hey you are right we should really go with the big flow. and
> that is definately KDE.

There are also lots of people that have switched from KDE to GNOME 2.0,
users moving around can be expected after doing this kind of large
changes (and I really think that is a good thing). Instead of KDE and
GNOME doing the exact same work the projects are starting to find there
respective users bases, it's a good thing.

Another thing you must remember is that most of the users GNOME is
targeting aren't power users and they are not the users you most often
find on the GNOME mailing lists. They are normal people, who use a
computer because they have to.

Most people don't use a computer just because it's so much fun using the
computer itself but rather because they have to write a document, browse
the web or write an email.

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/