Re: [Usability]Attempt at constructive criticism - "Why Gnome 2 sucks for me"

Hey there,

> and there are a lot of users that silently switched from gnome to kde
> because of these and other reasons. please don't say 'we know of these
> issues and work on it' ... these stuff just came in with gnome 2 so it
> was planned to be like that.

Um, silly question I'm sure...but if they silently switched to GNOME,
how do you know they silently switched?

I agree with you that if things are not working out with more and more
people migrating to other desktops in preference to GNOME, then we
should certainly reconsider our suituation -

	- where are our goals
	- who are we catering for

I personally believe it is far too early to turn back on our heels and
learning by our mistakes, trying to be creative and innovative where
possible to create a consistant and usable user experience.

Let's wait for a little longer and see what happens? I certainly
believe, and it is a rather narrow vision, that when companies like IBM,
Redhat, Compaq, HP and Sun start shipping GNOME 2.0 that we'll get some
really useful and positive feedback for the work that we are doing.

			See ya,
				Glynn ;)