Re: [Usability]Attempt at constructive criticism - "Why Gnome 2 sucks for me"

Aleksander Adamowski <olo altkom com pl> said:

> Daniel Borgmann wrote:
>
> >Please try it for a while, maybe you will like it eventually. :)
> >

> Maybe I will :)
>
> But those who have their habits cast in stone would certainly like to
> customize it.

The goal of gnome should not be to recreate every feature of every other
desktop (button ordering in this case is sort of a feature I guess) imho. In
most cases we should pick a good default and just go with it. In the case of
button ordering the ui team and hackers have made a decision, namely that the
current button ordering is better for long term usability of the desktop and
for adoption by new users. I know it may be confusing at first, but as more
gnome apps adopt the new ordering, you will see the gnome desktop become much
easier to use. While I respect your opinion, i think that in this case we
have made a sane usable decision, and adding a preference would add unneeded
ui/coding complexity.

dave