Re: [Usability]Attempt at constructive criticism - "Why Gnome 2 sucks for me"

On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 19:38, bordoley msu edu wrote:
> The goal of gnome should not be to recreate every feature of every other
> desktop (button ordering in this case is sort of a feature I guess) imho. In
> most cases we should pick a good default and just go with it. In the case of
> button ordering the ui team and hackers have made a decision, namely that the
> current button ordering is better for long term usability of the desktop and
> for adoption by new users. I know it may be confusing at first, but as more
> gnome apps adopt the new ordering, you will see the gnome desktop become much
> easier to use. While I respect your opinion, i think that in this case we
> have made a sane usable decision, and adding a preference would add unneeded
> ui/coding complexity.

why ?

because some UI gnome/people think that this is the right way doesn't
mean that it reflects the thoughts and opinion of others specially those
using gnome. this conversation from _users_ with the button re-ordering
came up just now with the release of gnome 2 before this there was no
such conversation. if so then from the usability team.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali akcaagac stud fh-wilhelmshaven de