Re: NEWS on 1.6.0, restart+viewports = mess.

Janek Kozicki <janek_listy wp pl> writes:

> When currently I restart sawfish, all the windows are messed up, and
> they don't even go to viewport 0,0. Each of them goes to a random
> viewport. Some even go "outside" - they have coordinates out of all
> viewports range. Total mess :)

After a bit of playing around, I think that all maximized (vertically,
horizontally, or both) windows end up in vp 0,0, and only if I'm in vp
0,0 when I restart.  Otherwise these maximized windows follow a definite
pattern:

 - If I'm in a 0,x vp where x>0, a maximized window is placed every x
   viewports, all in a single column.
 - If I'm in a x,0 vp the pattern is the same, but in a single row.
 - And the pattern seems to extend to x,y viewports.

Though why whether the window is maximized would be relevant is beyond
me.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>