Re: NEWS on 1.6.0, restart+viewports = mess.

Christopher Roy Bratusek said:     (by the date of Sun, 04 Oct 2009 17:27:57 +0200)

> Have no fear, WindowManager-Hero-X is here, Kupo!
>
> a) You need to use window-history to save atttrs
> b) The following attrs are saved by default:
>     ° sticky ignored never-focus type maximized frame-style cycle-skip
> window-list-skip
>
> c) Just make it aware to save the VP attr by adding 'viewport' to the
> list, as example my value (not-yet-uploaded rev11 of my .sawfishrc):
>
> ( define-special-variable window-history-states '( sticky
> sticky-viewport ignored never-focus type fixed-position dimensions
>    maximized frame-style cycle-skip window-list-skip viewport
> workspace ) )

Let me get this clear - are you saying that you have fixed

  http://sawfish.wikia.com/wiki/Proposed_Goals#Restart_and_viewport

in your .sawfishrc ?

You can test by simply creating lots of viewports, like 5x5. Opening
window on each viewport (eg. an xterm with text indicating on which
viewport you did open it). Then restarting sawfish multiple times.

When currently I restart sawfish, all the windows are messed up, and
they don't even go to viewport 0,0. Each of them goes to a random
viewport. Some even go "outside" - they have coordinates out of all
viewports range. Total mess :)