Re: NEWS on 1.6.0, restart+viewports = mess.

Hi.

On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 15:51:48 -0500, Jeremy Hankins wrote:
> Though why whether the window is maximized would be relevant is beyond
> me.

The root of evil must be matcher. When sawfish exits, all maximized
windows are unmaximized.  And when it (re)starts, it maximizes
again. Where?  In *current* viewport.  (It seems that actually there's
no *current* viewport in this context. In maximization, the
coordinates seems to be simply set to the (0,0) and (xmax-1, ymax-1),
*on the screen* = in current viewport. So, not only maximization, but
specifying coordinates to the window has the same effect.  But I don't
understand VP, either. It's a guess.)

Now what's current? It depends. Suppose one window rule is "appear in
viewport Z" After processing that window, the current viewport is Z,
not (0, 0).

Again the same question: what's the current viewport? If infinite
desktop is there, the Sawfish's conventional VP doesn't make sense.
We need a new definition, absorbing the old. This is the reason I did
a bit of poll on VP and ID. (Sorry I haven't analyzed it.)

My biggest concern is the news rewritement and review of 1.6-changes,
and I can scarecely spare time for it. :(

Regards,
Teika (Teika kazura)