Re: Sawfish v1.3.3 not working properly with ISO-8859 locale

Thierry Godefroy <reserv0 yahoo com> writes:
> was forcing the use of antialiased fonts): the antialiased fonts are
> simply much less well rendered

There is the problem that processing Truetype rendering hints is
patented.  But the Freetype autohinter has been improving, and it also
applies to Type 1 fonts.

> In fact, I won't mind seeing Pango support dropped from sawfish in
> favour of the X-core fonts... ;-P

In effect, the opposite has happened.  Someone who still uses the core
X fonts could of course try to fix it.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>